- CAT 5 and CAT 6 cabling (shielded and unshielded) and coaxial cables can be tested
- Pair tracing tones can be generated and applied to various combinations of wires to aid detection
- Detects split pairs, short circuits, broken, and crossed wires
- Multi-pair, LAN and Coaxial cables length measurement... more info
Contact your Sales Executive to obtain your first password.
EPCOM Certified Products
We test, inspect and restore all EPCOM products to working conditions.
The NETcat® Pro2 is a digital cable and service verification tool for fast, accurate checking of cables, wiring, and network service. Operated using a back-lit touch screen display, the Pro not only tests wiring continuity and proper pair allocation, but measures the length of multi-pair cables, LAN, or coaxial cables by utilizing advanced high-speed Step TDR (time domain reflectometry). Additionally, the NETcat® Pro determines if network service is available up to Gigabit and displays whether Power over Ethernet is provisioned.
When used with the NC-510 Accessory Kit containing seven (7) expansion remote test modules, the NETcat Pro can uniquely test coax or twisted pair jacks from a central location, eight (8) at a time. Using a fingertip or the built-in stylus, the screen can be used to control and display a range of tests from fault finding the wire-map, to TDR length measurement. The display can be set to English, Spanish, German, or French language.
- CAT 5 and CAT 6 cabling (shielded and unshielded) and coaxial cables can be tested.
- Pair tracing tones can be generated and applied to various combinations of wires to aid detection.
- If connected to a LAN cable with active equipment at the other end, the available speeds of service are identified and displayed from 10M, 100M, or 1G, half or full duplex. While testing the cable, NETcat also checks for the presence of power-over-Ethernet (PoE).
- Test and troubleshoot telephone, data, and coax wiring
- Detect split pairs, short circuits, broken, and crossed wires
- Step TDR technology shows length to open or short of all pairs
- Large icons ensure easy use with your finger too
- Backlit touch-screen used to control all functions
- Included stylus slots into main unit
- Tone generator with four selectable precision frequency tones, compatible with Tempo advanced digital signal processing probes
- Identifies active network devices on 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet (802.3) networks both half and full duplex.
- Identifies PoE (source device detection).
- Memo Pad/reminder feature: stored in non-volatile memory.
- Field replaceable “F” type connector.
- Graphical touch screen display with contrast adjustment and backlight.
- Tests shielded twisted pair (STP), unshielded twisted pair (UTP), and coaxial cables.
- 0-2,000 foot (600 Meter) cable length via step TDR.
- Sub-nanosecond resolution ensures this cable verifier is one of the most precise on the market, spotting errors that simple low speed wire-mappers miss.
- Patch cable and remote jack wire-map and identification using the self-contained "Office-ID/Remote" unit that neatly stores in the bottom of the main unit.
- Detects shorts, opens, reversed, crossed, and split pairs.
- Office identification using remote ID units - up to 8 different IDs, one included, seven additional available in NC-510 accessory kit.
- Troubleshoots and verifies a wide range of networks.
- Generate four distinct, precision tones for tracing low-loss cables like Cat 5.
- Operates on a single 9V battery, with low battery indicator.
- Compatible with Tempo precision digital probes.
|Attribute Name||Attribute Value|
|Application||Test and Troubleshoot Telephone, Data And Coax Wiring|
|Battery||9 V Alkaline Battery (PP3)|
|Buttons||LCD Touch-Screen, Single Momentary Contact Push Button|
|Display LCD||Dot Pixels: 128 X 128 Dots|
|Interface Connections||RJ45 Shielded Jacks F-Type Threaded Female Coaxial Connectors|
|Remote Identifier||2,000 ft. (609.6 meters) maximum distance|
|TDR Range||0 - 2000 FT|
|Weight||0.45 lb. (200 g)|
|Wiremap||358 ft. (100 meters) maximum distance|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C|
|Accuracy to OpenShort||+4% or 2 ft. - whichever is greater|
|Dimensions||3.3” x 1.4” x 6.7” (8.5 cm x 3.5 cm x 17 cm)|